New FSX Gaming Rig - How Does It Sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I always think it's a waste since I still haven't heard of one chip frying when overclocking a core 2 duo. It's just dumb fear and Core 2 Duo's will will not fry on their own. The computer will always shut down first.

I run a TT 750 Watt along with a TT 850 Watt. Both have been great to me to date... Mainly went with them because of the modular cabling.

Sorry to burst your bubble man, but I built my System a few weeks ago primarily to run FSX. I would consider my system very high end, considering I have it clocked at 400x8 (3.2GHZ), and FSX runs HORRIBLE on my system. On full graphics, with 8x AA, 16x AF, 1680x1050 Widescreen, with my 8800 Card, I only get 6-25 FPS. Most other high end systems have the same result. Its not because of the PC, but because of the coding in the game.

FSX is set up to run primarily with DirectX10, which will not be available until December. I have heard that FSX runs a little smoother on Vista, but I am not sure. However, what is interesting is I can run Flight Simulator 2004 at over 100FPS with the same Graphics Options (maxed out) as FSX. So FS2004 will run awesome on your system. Im keeping my fingers crossed hoping that DirectX10 will solve the FSX Problem. I would have to guess and say that currently the only system that can run FSX so that it is flyable, would have to be a Quad Core Extreme with SLI with dual 8800GTX's OC'd to the Max! Its ridiculous, I know, but search around and youll see that there is very few PCs that run FSX very well....

Hope that helps!
Good luck with everything...

-Joe

first off an antec 550watt for 100 bucks will power theat system easily and it will power another gtx if you were going sli

get that gskaill ram ddr2 800 that was recommended

theres no reason for you to get that motherboard for what your using it for, get either a gigabyte ds3 or an asus p5b

also i have yet to hear of anyone in the world messing up a core 2 by overclocking so dont be a wuss about it

A LOT of wasted cash as Fade2 said. The Mobo, unnecessary. The 800w PSU, a WASTE. Not overclocking.....i just feel sad lol.

ok. how is the modular design on the TT toughpower 750 watt, and is the Corsair PC6400 800 MHz dominator ram any good?

well, eventually i will get around to OC'ing. but i just need to do some research on how much is safe, and exactly how to do it. lol. i hear its easy and intel core 2's are great for it!

im also gonna switch over to he P5B as well.

but then, what if i ever decide to SLI? i wont have the option with the P5B.

ethman101 said:
im also gonna switch over to he P5B as well.

but then, what if i ever decide to SLI? i wont have the option with the P5B.
why exactly would you want to SLi?

Also, the P5B Deluxe supports SLi.. I believe, correct me if I'm wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom