Help overclock a X2 4600+

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarknessLurkz

Solid State Member
Hey I have a X2 4600+ with a Lanparty DFI UT Expert motherboard. All the setup options are strange to me. and everytime I try to just increase the FSB it wont boot windows up...idk whsat im doing wrong...please help.

list the rest of your system specs including ram speed and manufacturer.
how much are you trying to increase the bus speed?
one thing you need to do is lower the ht multiplier. it is set at 5 stock, and when you start to overclock you need to put it at least to 4, if not 3. although if you are putting a 10mhz increase on the bus, it should handle that at 5...
list the rest of your stuff.

This is my cousin. Hes in work atm but his computer is over at my house.

He is using

X2 4600+
Lanparty DFI UT Expert
1 GB of PNY ram
GeForce 7600GT

The 4600's don't OC as well compared to the 4400 or 4200's. I was able to get to 2.70 Ghz without changing to many settings.

Even so, you should be able to get at least to 2.55 Ghz without having to change settings or timming. Are you sure your only incrimenting by one each time? I find it hard to believe that windows won't boot even at that....

actually i have screwed with A LOT(or should i say ALL) of the settings...you just don't see x2's clocked over about 2.8-9 max.
except for the guy on the newegg review that "got it up to 3.2ghz straight outta the box on air".
lol. yeah, right.

I was able to get my X2 4800 up to 2.82GHz.
FSB is at 332MHz
and Mem is at 217Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom