New PC £2000 Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

mozinga

Baseband Member
Right, been saving up for a Vista PC and have collected up £2000 which is 3960 USD, I'll be using it for gaming, image editing and watching hi-def movies bu not looking at a hi-ef optical drive yet. Anyway the budget should include everything, including a TV Tuner and a big monitor.
D-Link Bluetooth Adapter
CM Sacker 830 Evo (832 not in Uk for a while)
Samsung SH-S183A DVD-RW SATA drive x2
120mm Akasa Amber Case Fan x4
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Akasa Black Compact Combo Multi Card Reader
1.44Mb Sony Black Floppy Disk Drive
BFG Technology 8800GTX Overclocked
150 Gb Western Digital Raptor X
500 Gb Western Digital WD5000AAKS Caviar SE16
Logitech Cordless Desktop S510 Keyboard & Mouse
Logitech MX Revolution mouse
Logitech Freedom 2.4 Cordless Joystick
Terratec Cinergy 2400i DT - Twin DVB-T Digital Card TV Tuner
700w Seasonic M12
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 32Bit 1Pk OEM
Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speakers
2GB (2x1GB) CorsairTwinX XMS2 Dominator
Asus Commando i965

well for a start you dont need a floppy i doubt you will need a raptor as it really is just to take that second off of load times nothing more. Seagate barracudas 7200.10 get 2 500gb in raid 0 for storage as high definiton videos take up 20-40gb a pop high definition tv shows are 4-hour. you wont need such a big psu a 550w will do u fine even with such large needs. I wouldnt recommend vista yet as it is buggy wait until the first servicepack if you have to buy vista buy 64bit ultimate. Corsair ram is suppose to be bad even for such a good name and u must want to do some serious overclocking with ram like that. The AW9h-max is a much better board then the commando. buy the Viewsonic monitor VX(1935 or 1945 the 19inchers or 2235 or 2245 the 22" models) and you will get a built-in card reader and some extra functions..... get ide optical drives its cheaper and there is no perfomance lost as although sata is faster cable the optical drive cant read that fast to utilise it. If you wait until mayish you can get the 8950GTx or 8900gx2 or in a couple of weeks the R600 is coming out which beats the 8800gtx in preliminary benchmarks. you can get a better mouse such as the razer.

Matt

Thanks mate,
I need a floppy because some backwards guy at work keeps giving me work on floppy's no matter how much I tell him, will take your advice on he hard drives and the PSU, would the 620watt corsair do? Also I need to be updated on the whole 64bit thing, will I be able to run all the applications and games I run now? Do you have any recommendations for the ram, can't find that motherboard your talking about. I'm getting the 8800 because I can get it cheap off a friend who got some at his shop, he can't sell them so he's giving me one for £200. I'll follow you up on the monitor as well.
Thanks

yes 64bit runs as a 32 bit environment when needed. I would reccomend the antec true power trio 550w. where do u live (as in country) ill find the mobo for you on a good online retailer i know a few?? G-skill has good ram id reccomend the 2x1gb sticks they have a black casing.

Great build there, looks like your buying absolutly everything, most people have an older pc they can use bits from to cut the price down but clearly you dont! but with 2grand you can easily get what you want.
Only thing ive got to say is hard drives, get Seagate barracuda's, ive got the 300GB version and its been great for a year, still really quiet and also whenever theres a post like this people always say Seagate ;)
And id get a good brand 550-600watt psu, something like seasonic, Antec, ocz etc, a good brand 500watt psu is better than a rubbish brand 700 watt psu for example.

Yeah, done a few in the past for other people, first time i'm doing it for myself.

wow 4,000 bucks...i put together a PC to see what it could make and what a system that was...God i wish i could have ordered it as I would never leave my home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom