My computer is becomming a "lag"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slam'n Systems

Veteran Techist Member
This could maybe be a hardware issue also..I'm not sure.

My friends prior computer started acting "laggy", on and offline but to his software. He would go onto Ventrilo which would start instantly, but connecting took like a minute with lag. Going into setup, it would take seriously a minute for everything to come up, and each individual thing he would do, would take like 45 seconds to 1 minute to change or click. It started there, and spread to just about every program he used. Battlefield2 Settings, offline, would do the same thing.

He then built a new system; top of the line for the most part:
AMD 5200+ duel core, eVGA GeForce7950GT, 250Gig Hard Drive..etc but used his previous ram: (2) 1GIG sticks of RAM and his prior Windows XP. Now, the problem is coming up again. Any idea what it can be?

Interesting, I'm talking to him now and he said that he retraced his steps, uninstalling programs that he recently installed that he also installed on his other system. He said he uninstalled PowerDVD and now the problem no longer exists. Anyone ever hear of this?

It all depends. Sometimes software isnt compatable. If he is using Vista then yes i can see it since PowerDVD isnt fully compatable with Vista at this time.

Also it also depends on how much you have instaled and running at any given time. You may think you have only 2 applications running to you check out and see that there are several still running in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom