Cant get rid of a virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

squidleydee

Solid State Member
I have a virus on my computer and i cannot get rid of it, i have tried AVG Free Edition, Nortan Anti-Virus and i am currently using Kaspersky. It keep trying to download more Trojan viruses from a server, luckily i can deny access to this. But i cannot find what is downloading the file. I have run Kaspersky 4 times and it cant find anything, i have also run Spyware Doctor which cant find anything either.

It keeps trying to send some data aswell, which i have copied what it says and posted it below.

2/21/2007 10:36:36 PM Running process C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe: detected modification of riskware 'Hidden data sending'.

This is the 1 of the viruses i have

2/21/2007 10:42:21 PM File C:\WINDOWS\system32\efnbqksb.dll: detected Trojan program 'Trojan-Spy.Win32.VBStat.h'.

Here is what is trying to be downloaded to the computer

2/22/2007 12:41:18 PM Malicious HTTP object <http://82.98.235.61/vff/itknown.dll...uid=f03c509a+F482A04B5AE64BEB819D4AAC6038FD26>: access denied.

Maybe some of you have had this virus, and know hot to remove it, or maybe you know of a very good Anit-Virus that might get rid of it.

EDIT: DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINKS!!! Also Kaspersky has been voted the 2nd Best Anti-Virus of 2007, unfortunatley i cant get my hands on a free trial of the number 1.

I've run across this a couple of times within the last week or two.
there is a running process that's causing this.
For me it was [isamini.exe] and or [link.exe]
Check task manager and see if either one of these is there.
If so, start up in safemode, find the .exe file(s) and delete them.
Then reboot and delete all entries for the file(s) from reg. (use the find utility)
Look in the RUN folder in the registry, and also check RUN SERVICES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom