to may processes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattowns

Baseband Member
i have like 75 processes running at startup and i thought this is alot seeing as my friend has about 35 on startup how can i stop so many from rubnning at startup and not run unless i need them cuase i bet all these are slowing my computer down

idk if this is the wrong forum so

assuming you have windows XP:

Keep your antivirus, firewall, and any related to your video card...the rest un-check and open the programs as you need them. You wont hurt anything.

ok i got it down to like 50 but my cpu seems to be working hard now at like 80% when i start aim? is this normal

you cant ruin a pc by playing with the startup items anyway, if you start up and find something isnt loaded then load it yourself and make it start on startup agian if needed

mattowns said:
ok i got it down to like 50 but my cpu seems to be working hard now at like 80% when i start aim? is this normal

Yes is will take longer if you uncheck it in the processes. The processes are just programs stored on the ram to reduce the loading times. So you will see the pc slow down for programs that u would think shouldn't But, lowering processes will help in gaming however cause more ram is free to load. If you have 2 gb or ram, don't bother with the processes just let em be. 1gb is border cause the operating system uses like 500 mb so that leaves 500 more for the program, which current games run about 600 - 1200 mb depending on what type it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom