Vista scared - questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumber4578

In Runtime
I am building a new machine. I'd like to install Vista vs. XP. I'm scared though. Maybe someone can answer my questions.

1)what if I build a new machine and my video card driver doesn't have a vista driver?? Will my puter work??

2)vista is a DVD. Will it automatically reconize a DVD drive?? with XP my dvd drive didn't work untill a DVD drive was installed.

3)will my games work?? BF2, classics like RC Tycoon, Fear, ect

When I go to buy vista on newegg it says vista DVD. with xp my dvd player doesn't work untill it is up an running and my dvd rom driver is installed. Will my dvd rom be bootable?????

1) Chances are, you'll have a vista driver, or at least a driver that will work in Vista. Just stick with a 7x00 or 8x00 nvidia card, and it will be ok.

2) Yes, Vista will recognize just about ANY dvd/cd/hd-dvd drive without having to load any special drivers.

3) Yes, your games will work.

Don't be scared. :)

I'd stick with XP for at least a few months. You might have video card drivers, but there are plenty of other things Vista doesn't have drivers for.

Namely motherboard chipsets, sound cards, other PCI cards.

if you're scared about vista, then you should be terrified of XP, lol. XP had its horrible moments too you know. all OSs go through a period of time where the are all buggy and need a lot of fixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom