AMD unleashes the 6000+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm right there with ya man. My lanparty and 4000+ get done everything I need done. It's just everyone now builds core2duo machines, I've only seen like one or 2 AMD builds on here and people are constantly shoving Intel down their throats as if you HAVE to have a core2duo.

You don't HAVE to but unless your on a tighter budget or are just a strict AMD fanboy it would be stupid to go with an X2 over a C2D at this time just becuase after overclock they are just way more powerful for the money.

p4's was just my example of the mhz they compare it to, not everything is literal. they did it to compare it to the intel chips regardless of which model.

first, no its not a model number so thank you for starting off your post proving you know nothing of the topic. yes its "kinda" model number but they do it to falsely represent what they chip is "like". i will explain this down in the post.

second, yes it is because they are saying its like a 6000mhz chip and the 4200 is like saying they have a 4.2ghz chip when its only runing at 2 something. so again thank you for once again proving you dont know the topic and again its to say what there chip is "like"

third, about 80-90% of my time i find my self running 90-100% cpu usage along with 1-1.5 gigs of memory in use. sketching on photoshop doesnt get you high usage, have 200 photos open that you are editing along with 15 other apps for web design and editing those and creating and rendering and etc. you will and i do utilize my computer to its fullest because i do work unlike most people that just want there computer for ocing, its my work and day to day business.

forth, the whole last half of your post is nonsense and relates to nothing i said and is completely backwards to what i was explaining. my point is that you buy an AMD and they have for years been saying that there chip is "like" (X) amout of mhz but its really about half that amount. i see there point and yes the lower clock speeds run faster then intels and the same speed and even a little high. im not talking about that. Intel can come out with a 1.8ghz chip after they have been selling 3.0 and 3.8ghz chips and know their consumers are smart enough to know that even tho these new chips have half the ghz of there old ones that its still faster. they didnt say Intel core2duo 1.8ghz 9,000+ to convince there buyers that there chips are really like something. AMD had to convince its buyers that all there chips are "like" having this much so that people would buy it. granted it worked and granted there chips may be like that amount or close to it, its still false and they kinda had to trick people into buying it so people would. cuz i bet you guys out there if you were 13-14 and intel had a new p4 at 2.0ghz and you saw AMDs chip to compete with it was a 800 mhz, no one would buy it. yes i exaggerated that but you get my point.

wow thats long and should cause amd fanboys to get hot headed. i dont love intels, i love anything thats good ive worked with Sun computers that didnt run either intel or amd and they were blazing for there time.

Intel is just a tad bit more, with the room for 60-80% OC

Amd is cheap as dirt, but thats what you get compared to intel.

The stock speed : price is the same for intel and amd in the mid market... but it doesnt matter because everyone Oc's C2Ds, so its not even a question. If you're up and into the C2D prices...

GO FOR THEM

YOU = RETARD, if not

everyone overclocks C2D's?

I met a guy at a LAN party who had his E6300 at stock.

this was at a LAN party, mind you, where custom-built PC's are the norm.

And what about all those Dell's, HP's etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom