AMD unleashes the 6000+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their prices are lower but not as many people are interested in them anymore. Basically, If you're not on top in computers, nobody cares about you. There's a few people here and there that still build 939 systems because of money, Or they just don't need all that power. However, for the most part nobody really wants AMD systems anymore, Atleast not people who have the know-how to read benchmarks.

BennyV04988 said:
That because it IS half of Intel's best :p

i was gonna say 1/4 by the time you look at that crappy cache it has. no less intel is able to drop its clock speeds as they always do to real clock speeds cuz they have the balls to say they have a new chip at 1.8ghz and people still buy. amd still has to use these fake pretend clock speeds of 5200 & 6000 and cant call it like it is.

since its an am2 its going against a core2duo so does that mean they are trying to say there am2 performs like a 6000ghz core2duo? or they still specing there am2 to old p4's.

King X13 said:
i was gonna say 1/4 by the time you look at that crappy cache it has. no less intel is able to drop its clock speeds as they always do to real clock speeds cuz they have the balls to say they have a new chip at 1.8ghz and people still buy. amd still has to use these fake pretend clock speeds of 5200 & 6000 and cant call it like it is.

since its an am2 its going against a core2duo so does that mean they are trying to say there am2 performs like a 6000ghz core2duo? or they still specing there am2 to old p4's.
the P-rating is based on AMD's Thunderbirds. It isn't based on Intel CPU's.

Thats what AMD officially says but the Thunderbirds performance per mhz was extremely close to the P4. Most people think that the P rating is based off the P4 and I think AMD did intend for that.

To "King X13"

Ever think it's a model number? Just because a BMW is a 320 doesn't mean it has 320 horse power. The fact that it's a 6000+ is because there have been models before it such as the 3200+ and 4000+, not because they're saying it's like having 6GHz. Since when is 2x1MB cache crappy? Let me ask you something, Whens the last time you found yourself at 100% computer usage during a game, Fact is, it MORE THAN LIKELY, won't happen. For the software that's available right now (even things like photoshop and intense editing programs), you could build a 939 system and run everything out there reasonably. Why have power you're not going to use other than to say you have it. What are you talking about AMD doesn't have the balls to announce they're running a high GHz chip? You say that like all of their marketing ideas come from one person. AMDs have almost always had the lower GHz. If you're really that big on intel, Remember running a 3.2GHz P4 and it getting beat in benchmarks by a 2.0Ghz AMD chip? Also I'd like to know what "Real clock speeds" are? Does that mean my 3.0GHz 4000+ isn't real because it's a high clock speed? It's really funny you should mention AMDs running such high clock speeds considering your E6600 came stock at 2.4, which is also what my 4000+ and many other AMD models hover around. If you're going to talk bad about something, Atleast have the right information and why you feel that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom