This Power Supply decent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taoro

Beta member
Hey,
A few weeks ago my power supply started craping out on me. I had the computer shut down randomly a few times, and the fan in the back was going out. We opened up the case and cleaned everything out with canned air, and everything is running fine now(there was A LOT of dust in there...). The power supply im talking about is actually our second one, the first one, that came with the computer, blew out because of a thunderstorm, and no surge protector... I know, were lucky the motherboard didnt go with it. Anyway, we recently ordered this one
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2475867&CatId=1078

Is it decent? My mother looked at the price and ordered it right away, after getting my Ok first, but I dont know much about power supply quality, and I only made sure it supported what we need and was ATX...

Here is some of my specs if they help:

AMD Sempron 3000+ @1800Mhz
512MB RAM
2 80GB HD(primary is SATA, secondary is IDE)
Currently GeforceFX 5500 installed (Getting a Geforce7600 GS with the power supply she ordered)
DVD/CR-RW Drive

Thanks in advance

erm i wouldnt bet on it ive got an antec 420w and that cost 35pounds so $70 but it is by a good brand. I think you may have just wasted $20 you should have checked here and looked up a well known brand as something cheap is not going to be very good.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom