Direct X 9.0L

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmanych

Daemon Poster
Microsoft is bringing out DX9L in the next few months for Windows XP, apparently its half way between DX9C and DX10. Its designed for people who have Windows XP and only a DX9 card, another good thing is that all DX9 cards will run it because its still DX9 but looks sort of like DX10.

Unfortunatly no DX10 for XP, DX9L is all you XP users are getting (lol when I say that I have a 8800GTX and Vista so I have no problems with DX10, cant wait for Crysis) :D:D

Hope that news gets you XP and DX9 users happy again :p

wow thats awesome news for top end DX9ers like myself :D

Got any links to where you red this?

Phrantic said:
The capabilities of Dx9.0L is a myth, don't expect to be playing Dx10 with your 7950Gt.
i wasnt expecting it to be a complete replacement, just something to make things abit "sweeter" for people who dont want to fork out for a dx10 card just yet

i thought 9.0L was dx9 version for Vista(longhorn) hence the l, i think i read it over at NFOrce. but if what you say is true then horray for people with no dx-10

Sounds a lot like ATI's Shader Model 2.0b which was supposedly supposed to offer the capabilities of Shader Model 3 back in the GeForce 6/Radeon X800 days. Don't get too excited about it, DX10 is where its at.

gmanych said:
Microsoft is bringing out DX9L in the next few months for Windows XP, apparently its half way between DX9C and DX10. Its designed for people who have Windows XP and only a DX9 card, another good thing is that all DX9 cards will run it because its still DX9 but looks sort of like DX10.

Unfortunatly no DX10 for XP, DX9L is all you XP users are getting (lol when I say that I have a 8800GTX and Vista so I have no problems with DX10, cant wait for Crysis) :D:D

Hope that news gets you XP and DX9 users happy again :p

So it's like DX9.5 on XP?

So you could use it for:

A DX9 card on XP
A DX10 card on XP

EDIT: Haven't we already gone through this sharade though? Isn't it just DX9 games on vista?

I'm so confused.

TheEnd187 said:
i thought 9.0L was dx9 version for Vista(longhorn) hence the l, i think i read it over at NFOrce. but if what you say is true then horray for people with no dx-10
Vista already has DirectX 10. why would they make an inferior DirectX version for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom