Installing a second OS onto a slave IDE HDD ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicky Y

Solid State Member
Is it possible? becuase I have been trying to install Vista to my Slave HDD and after the first restart in the install process it doesn't boot again and continue installing...
Cheers

Im not sure if this is possiable because dont you have to choose a boot drive in the BIOS and can you only choose one? Unless you change it to the slave HDD through the BIOS everytime you want to use Vista i dont see this working. I hope im worng because this sounds cool.

Well my cuson has installed vista on a second SATA drive and I can select my slave drive through my BIOS. On my cusons it launches multiple start-up so that he doesn't have to constantly switch which drive he boots from and he just selects to start Vista or XP :cool: /my problem is that when I try to install Vista it won't boot up again after restarting during the install so i'm wondering if it's due to me trying to install it to an IDE Slave drive.

Should work fine. Just make sure you are booting off the correct drive. Vista may put its boot files on the first primary partition on the first hard disk, which could be your current master hard disk. In that case you will have to set your BIOS to boot from that disk, and not the one Vista is installed on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom