Vista drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
Is there just not enough people using Vista at this point for compaines like Creative and Nvidia to put priority on developing stable, non-BETA drivers for their products? I'm getting consistent BSOD because of my X-Fi drivers and gaming sucks because Nvidia's drivers aren't optimized for Vista.

As long as Vista has been in beta, wouldn't you think major compaines would have decent drivers out by now, almost a month after its release? I can see delay on drivers for legacy items, but we are talking about the latest stuff is just not supported!

I love Vista as an OS and really don't want to switch back to XP, but these companies might give me no choice.

manufacturers are taking there time for a good reason. as with the release of vista companies are no longer capable of messing with its kernal. which has completely upped the standard for many things. also, the 64 bit version will only accept signed drivers which meens no more buggy drivers and that companies must pay to have them signed. all in all it will take a little time but believe its worth it.

That is part of it. I am using unsigned drivers at this time. So they can be installed. You jsut have to know how.

But the major thing is that they are working with a new kernel. They dont know how since they have been working with XP for 5 years. They have had all sorts of time to get them out but have refused till it went final. Then it did now they are playing catch up and getting everyone ****ed at the same time.

Overall the gaming isnt great but it will do till the drivers get sorted.

does anyone know if nvidia is going to make any vista drivers for the fx5500

Isnt that just a GeForce FX5500? If so just use the GeForece drivers. They have those out.

nvidia will have whql drivers for 8800gtx and sli setups in the march timeframe, their working hard on it and its a different OS.
nvidia already has whql drivers for previous gen cards, windows update automatically downoaded and installed one for my 7900gtx a while back and works perfectly

creative drivers is still under development and will release whql drivers when thier done

atomic tofu said:
did you check my post:

http://techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=142425

which leads to:

http://www.radarsync.com/vista/

I know the creative stuff is still beta...but not sure on nvidia. Are you telling me eventhough I have ATI and prefer NVIDIA and thought Nvidia was better on drivers that ATI is more on the ball then them?:p
nVidia drivers are not still in Beta. They do have Official drivers that were released before ATi ever got thiers out. They just have a couple of glitches. Just as ATi has yet to get a DX10 card out.:p

dcyphure said:
nvidia will have whql drivers for 8800gtx and sli setups in the march timeframe, their working hard on it and its a different OS.
nvidia already has whql drivers for previous gen cards, windows update automatically downoaded and installed one for my 7900gtx a while back and works perfectly

creative drivers is still under development and will release whql drivers when thier done
nVidia released their WHQL drivers today. For the 8800. Only Creative is still behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom