Fantasy Baseball

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAVOC said:
LOL.. well actually i'm both. I grew up with half moms side of the family as yankees fans and my dads side was mets fans. So i've been to hundreds of games from both teams... SO yeah...

But if the Met's play the Yankees, I root for the Met's.

Ahh good man! :D

Or else, I would have to like, you know man, Disown you! :p

Yeah. I actually am in the process of purchasing some package Met's Tickets with a friend of mine. We are just trying to figure out the best months/days we want to buy.

I usually go to about 10-12 games a season.

I signed up. I'm TeamDiscoveryChannel :) I watch baseball enough so it shouldn't be hard to keep active. Just have to pay more attention to stats now :)

I'm glad to hear your not solely a Yankees fan though Havoc. As a Twins fan I am required by law to hate the Yankees.

GO TWINS!!!

Yeah. A lot of people that live in this area, "CT, New York, New Jersey" hate people like me. They just can't understand how anyone can like both teams. But, for me, baseball is baseball. I've been around both teams since I was very young and have had the chance to meet lot's of Met's and Yankees players, managers and coaching staff.

Quick Story:
I used to work at a country club and every year the NY Yankees "players, coaches and managers" would participate in the Leukemia society golf outing. So April 1997 they were there at the CC and I had the chance to hang out with a bunch of Yankees all day and I caddied for Tim Raines. I had a great day with Tim and he is a great person. We had so much fun. At the end of the day, I told him, tomorrow night, me and a bunch of guys are going down to the game. Then I said, "In return for being a great caddie, I expect that you'll hit me a home run tomorrow night." He just laughed and said, "yeah no problem".

Then next night at the game... here's what happened.

[i[» April 30, 1997: The Yankees get a lead off home run from Tim Raines and nine strike outs from David Wells to beat the Mariners, 3–2. Joe Torre wins his 1,000th game while Dennis Martinez takes the loss, dropping his record against the Yanks to 2–18. Jay Buhner homers for the M's in the 9th against closer Mariano Rivera. Tino Martinez hits his 9th home run in the 8th inning, upping his ML-record RBI total to 34 for the month. Martinez will have 40 RBIs in his first 30 games, the first player to do so since Roy Campanella in 1953; Campy had 44.[/i]
http://www.baseballlibrary.com/baseballlibrary/ballplayers/R/Raines_Tim.stm

He leads off the game with a Home Run... The guys I was with all heard me say to Tim hit me a home run and after he hit it we just freaked out screaming.. It was his first home run of the year and he only had about 5 that season.

The following year he was back for the outing and as soon as I saw him, thanked him. He said, "As soon as he hit the ball he just started laughing rounding the bases because he remembered what I said to him the day before." ~ It was awesome...

Havoc, If I do recall correctly, didn't you say you were freinds, or just met the guy who died in the plane accident in New York, he was a pitcher for the Yankees...

His name is somewhere in my head....

nosbusch2005 said:
I'm glad to hear your not solely a Yankees fan though Havoc. As a Twins fan I am required by law to hate the Yankees.

I think thats a law for all baseball fans :p

Even though I don't like the Yankees (or the Red Sox, for that matter), I don't necessarily hate the fans. Just as long as they aren't stupid and they don't have their heads in their a$ses about how "good" the Yanks are, I don't really mind them. Good for you that you are at least part Mets. :D

Re: Anthrax, it was Cory Lidle.

And by the way, my team is Schadenfreude. :D:cool:

Yeah, Corey Lidle was also one of the Yankees I met one year. He was a really nice guy too. Really sad what happened to him.

Remember in 1998 when David Wells pitched his first prefect game? The next day happened to be the Golf outing at the club I worked at.
It was a total zoo there that day. Every major & local media camera and reporter infesting the CC. I remember standing there listening to him talk to some interviewers while he sat on the golf cart. And I do believe he was quoted and it was in the New York Times.

They were asking about his perfect game, blah, blah, blah... and he was super cool about it and said, "Listen, my day was yesterday, my prefect game was a great part of my life, but today, we are here for a great cause, the leukemia society, if you want to talk about the cause we are here for today, I'd be glad to talk about it. But, If you just want to talk about my day yesterday, I'm going to stop talking and continue playing my round of golf." ~ It was something along those lines. It was really cool to hear a guy say something like that after gaining the bad rep. that David Wells has gotten over his career.

http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=FA0F14F83C5D0C7A8DDDAC0894D0494D81
I found the article above, but it's only a preview. You have to pay $5 for the full article.. That's friggin' lame...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom