vid card help

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevor_clay_10

Baseband Member
ok well i want something that can run Counter Strike Source on low-medium settings

the problem is that i can only buy a video card that is PCI slot (dumb dell)

well here are the major specs of my computer:

Dell Dimension 3000
1 gb Ram
2.6 ghz celeron d

another thing i could consider is just getting another motherboard and processer then just use the parts from this computer to build another one

i already have THIS!~!~! vid card so all i would really need is a new mother board and processor

i would prefer the cheaper way because right now im kinda broke

thanks in advanced for all of your help

That is a pretty powerful card and will deffinatly max out CS:S. You could get a cheap C2D board that supports a Celeron but the thing is, those boards all support DDR2 memory now and I'm sure you have DDr1 memory probably with a dell. So I can find one with 1 PCI-E slot for the card and 4x184 pins for about 75 bucks...or one with only 2 ram slots for 65 bucks.

EDIT: Yea you could get a an AMD since they are much better than a dumb celly.

the only problem with useing my current processor is that i can not get the heat sink off of it and i dont want to risk ruining the whole thing

You have to make sure it's not hooked in to thje back of the board by a certain clip, pull out the whole mobo.

Sora said:
You have to make sure it's not hooked in to thje back of the board by a certain clip, pull out the whole mobo.

the heat sink covers up a screw that i can not get to with out removing it

The Athlons were an excellent CPU line and still are pretty much one of the best single core CPU. It is much more powerful than your Celly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom