Under $1500 PC Here's what I built

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Hey guys, this is what I'm going to build for my PC for under $1,500.00 tell me what you guys think if anything I should change.... Thanks

http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/WishList/PublicWishDetail.asp?Source=MSWD&WishListNumber=4312111

I was debating on whether I should get Vista now or later but then if I get it later, thats gonna cost me another $100.00+ for the upgrade so might as well get the whole thing which is just about that price.

I know that Vista is a little buggy right now but Microsoft is gonna fix that, I hope *crosses fingers*

But thats what I came up with. Is my PSU going to produce enough power to handle my graphics card?

I think the Graphics Card needs something like 12V rail with 28Amps but I dont see any PSU that has that, maybe there's some conversion or anything like that or something. Not sure, but that PSU has 12V 18Amps not 28 hm...... do I add both the 12V to get higher than 28 Amps?

Thanks

If you have comments, suggestions, or anything about my build, please tell me so I can adjust it that way when I order it, I wont mess it up. Hopefully that comp will last me for 5 years or so.

Nice system you got there. That PSU is enough for your system. You add the two +12V rails together, so it really has 36 amps.

Thanks for the quick reply. Hehe, I've also read that only Office 2007 will work for Vista and no previous versions. I wonder if this Vista comes with like at least Microsoft Word and maybe some Excel and Powerpoint because those are really the only things I need. Haha

My Office 2003 is not my copy, lol. A friend gave it to me. I shouldnt be saying that here lol. But ye, I was thinking of installing that same CD on Vista but I guess that wont work especially that Microsoft's security in Vista is soo high now. I have Macromedia MX 2004 for free as well. LOL, *evil*

But ye, thanks for the reply. I'll come up with the money to get Office 2007 legally.

not-so-legal?

you mean a multi-user edition, right? :D

Imma run Vista Basic as a secondary OS in a few months...
like when Crysis and Supreme Commander are ready.
Only for DX 10. outside of that...XP.

y did u take 64 bit? it has lack of driver support and some otehr issues u have to deal with, so get 32 bit (unless u got ultimate which i hear that u get both versions?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom