Another Vista Question -

Status
Not open for further replies.
id rather pay more and not have to kiss some phone operator in the middle easts *** for a code

so i want the full version - NOT the upgrade

GSM CEO said:
is it worth getting from your point of view?

and wil i be able to download Word/Excel on the internet?
To me it is worth it. But only cause i do prefer Vista over XP. You wont be able to download Office anywhere. You would ahve to buy it or acquire it another way. But M$ doesnt offer Word or Excel over the net. Unless you use Office Live Online.

forrestcupp said:
I have heard that if you have your Windows XP COA number that you can do a full install from the upgrade disk, and just enter your number during installation. Then when you activate, if you entered a COA number that is already in the database, it won't let you activate without calling the number and pleading your case.

If this is true, the OP should buy the cheaper upgrade version, no matter what type of installation.
No that isnt true. You have to isntall XP. There is a work-around for it but that require you to install Vista twice basically so it isnt worth it either way.

Makaveli213 said:
To me it is worth it. But only cause i do prefer Vista over XP. You wont be able to download Office anywhere. You would ahve to buy it or acquire it another way. But M$ doesnt offer Word or Excel over the net. Unless you use Office Live Online.

Actually, you can pay for and download Office from Windows Marketplace. But that's probably not what the OP was wanting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom