question about downloading Vista Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hello

I wanted to download Vista Business and have the following options. dont know which one to download.

can you guys tell me what the difference between the following versions of WIndows Vista Business is and i will download the appropriate one.

SA Win Vista Enterprise 32-bit English Disk Kit MVL MVLS Only DVD LP
SA Win Vista Enterprise 32-bit English Disk Kit MVL DVD
SA Win Vista Enterprise 32-bit English Disk Kit MVL DVD UPG

Well the 2nd one is the DVD. So it sounds to me to be the Retail version or Full version. The last one is the Upgrade version only.

The first one if i am not mistaken is the Multi Volume License Software version. Basically if you have a business with a MAK (Multi Activation Key) serial you would want that version. It is a DVD only. I am still trying to figure out the rest of it.

The main question is this. What version do you require? Are you using a single license? ARe you planning on a full install or just a upgrade?

thanks for the reply,

i had windows vista rc2 on my machine, so i am not sure if am upgrading. to my understanding upgrade was basically upgrading from windows xp to vista.
dont knwo if it means upgrading from rc2 to the business version.

what is a MVL, i thought that was the multi volume license, my confusion is that there is MVL and MVLS. and then there also is the LP.
i guess UPG is upgrade

You cant upgrade from RC2 to Business. You would have to format and fresh install. There will be no option to upgrade from RC2 to any version of VIsta final.

MVL- Multi Volume License
MVLS- Multi Voume License Service
LP- License Provider
Upg- Upgrade

So the SA Win Vista Enterprise 32-bit English Disk Kit MVL MVLS Only DVD LP is for License Providers. It is for Multipult license basically for Dell or Best Buy that do multiple installs.

The SA Win Vista Enterprise 32-bit English Disk Kit MVL DVD is the Mult Volume License for businesses that will install on multiple machines.

The SA Win Vista Enterprise 32-bit English Disk Kit MVL DVD UPG is the upgrade version only.

thanks for the reply and for decrypting the microsoft abbeviations

can i not just install on top of the installation of RC2? hwo do i format the machine

so i guess i need SA Win Vista Enterprise 32-bit English Disk Kit MVL DVD.

when i started the download i got a different name,
SW DVD5 SA Win Vista Enterprise English 32 bit MLF, do you know what MLF stands for?

rookie1010 said:
can i not just install on top of the installation of RC2? hwo do i format the machine

If you burn to a disk and boot from it you will have the option to format the hard drive for a clean install.

thanks for the reply

i guess i need SA Win Vista Enterprise 32-bit English Disk Kit MVL DVD.

when i started the download i got a different name,
SW DVD5 SA Win Vista Enterprise English 32 bit MLF, do you know what MLF stands for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom