Show off your hardware **56K**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik

In Runtime
It's been a while, and we have a few new users now, so maybe they would like to PARTICIPATE. Anyways, post pictures of your hardware, whatever. You get it.

Since the last thread I've got a new processor and some new ram.

IMG_2075.JPG

IMG_2073.JPG

IMG_2078.JPG

awsome rig man, lol so many empty PCI slots...

seeing yer computer makes me wonder, if you have extra fans, where do they plug into? right now my computer only has one 120mm fan using the 12v connector
12v_live.jpg

where would i plug in say extra 80 mm fans? (sry if this is a nub question lol)

They plug into the regular power points, like what your CD-ROM drive uses. Most of them have a female and male adapter so that you don't lose connectors.

And thanks, Yeah, I don't have anything to really put in there. I might someday, but right now the computer does what I need it to do, I'm happy.

If I start doing anything it will be the appearance and cooling. I want a good heatsink/fan. A couple more 80MM fans, I think have room for four more 80mm fans.

eh, your case isn't that bad. all it needs are some blue cold cathodes to brighten things up, or UV ones with reactive fans and cables to give it a nice glow.
http://mortalkombatdragon.com/chaoland/computersite/pics.htm
take that case, replace all the visible fans with blue UV reactive ones, and you have my case.
www.nzxt.com has my favorite case, if you want to get a new one.

-Edit- oh yeah, the HSF and case side fan also have round CCFLs mounted on each of them. You can pick up the whole Ultra UV kit at www.tigerdirect.com

Erik said:
They plug into the regular power points, like what your CD-ROM drive uses. Most of them have a female and male adapter so that you don't lose connectors.

so the cd rom drives plug into this:

peri_live.jpg

and so do the fans?! I dont understand this male and female thing...is it like main and secondary or something?

I'm not quite sure...I paid $123 for both sticks of Geil, it came in a package.

And Mission: Yes, the fan will plug into that power plug, but then the fan has another one of those so that you can still plug your cd-rom drives, etc. Into the cable. The male connector is the one that goes inside the female connector. It's simple. Find your inner-pervert, all will make sense.

thanks, i think i understand it now lol...i was looking at a fan that i had from an old computer, and it wasthe kind that cools the processor, and plugs into the motherboard, and they use the small wee tiny connector, and i was like wtf! where do the others go, then i got to school, and on the wann behind me was a bristol board with a fan on it, and i see it has a long wire and and splits into 2...the only problem with that for me is i cant mount one in the front for intake, because my case opens like a book, and there wouldnt be enough wire for it to open. is there an adapter, or some sort of extension wires you can buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom