Video Card for <$150

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draug

Solid State Member
Hello!

I'm currently in the search for a new video card to tie me over for a couple of months while I am getting parts together for my gaming rig.

I currently got a comp running with:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+
Asus A8R-MVP ATI Socket 939 ATX Motherboard
2 GB DDR2 Mem
250 GB HDD
With some integrated Nvidia6100 graphics

This is a "family-computer" so I intend to let the kids have their fun with it later but in the meantime I need to be able to play NWN2 and some other games without lagging like crazy :p

I am looking for a decent card that cost less than $150, preferably within the ~$100 range, something that will run NWN2 smooth(ly) and perhaps even make ES IV:Oblivion an option for the time being.
I looked alot at the GeForce 7600 and 7800 Series however 7800 seems to be lacking in products available? I mainly found re-certified things over at Newegg which I am not to keen on.

I don't have any preferences over any make, I would greatly appreciate any advice that could make a decent buy for a low-budget gaming card that will hold up decent for a couple new games.

Thanks in advance!

The Ge 7600GT (make sure its the GT version) is a great budget card. Right around $100 as well over on newegg.

Not yet there Matt ;)

This is just something to tie me over for a couple of months, and to allow the kids to play their little games later on. Like I said, my goal with this card would be to be able to play decently new games acceptable, without lag but I got problems playing it on medium or lower settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom