Upgrading, need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

elbow_man

Baseband Member
i want to upgrade my system (with a very low budget, buying parts from places like ebay (new!))

one of the things i wanted to know is how much quicker is ddr2 800 over ddr2 667

i also wanted to know what the cheapest mobo with:

- ddr2 800 (perhaps ddr2 667 if i decide to go that way) min 4gb
- min 4 usb 2.0
- gigabit lan
- lga775 pentuim d support, core 2 duo + extreme support
- integrated vga (an 'ok' one (min speed of intel extreme 2 graphics))
- min 4 sata300 (sataII) ports
- pci-e (maybe 2 or more for sli)
- must have 7.1 sound card
- ata 100 (for existing ide hdd (i am upgrading to sataII soon))

i hope someone can help me as this is my first biggest upgrade.
(i know about the pentium d's and how crap they are lol)

im trying to get the mid best so as i dont have to pay as much in the future for upgrades.

i also hope i havent forgotten anything or put something dum arse in this post :D

looks just like the asrock ConRoe945G-DVI which ive been looking at but i was wondering about the ddr2 800.

thanks anyway but i will give that one a miss.

elbow_man said:
with a very low budget, buying parts from places like ebay (new!))

I dont mean to burst your bubble - BUT

You wont get 1/2 that stuff on a ''Low Budget'' - especially not ''New''

your setting you standards a bit high, and unless you ''low'' budget is about $1200 - your out of luck...

and your gonna have to deal with referbished parts...also if your on a low budget

i have looked at prices and i can afford what i want it comes to about £400 somewhere and the parts are brand new. (i do a lot of shopping around so i find really great deals) i go to places like www.ebuyer.co.uk ddr2 800 2gb for like £99 and cheap mobo's for £60. ;). i just need to know what to buy.

All that for $400???

you can resell that and make a 200% profeit.....

looks like you could make a buisness about that - or just a hobby for some cash on the side

Thats $800 lol you wont need 4gb of ram unless your graphic designer or use cad type programs 2gb is sufficient and for the mobo get a asus p5b deluxe or standard. 'i shopped around and i'am in the Uk two but American newegg is incredible value for money if only they delivered to the Uk i would save a bomb especially with the exchange rate being so good.

Matt

One of the best boards i have found is the Intel D955XBK Extreme Series. Has everything you are looking for I believe and i picked up a sealed one off of ebay for about $85 (US) shipped.

yeah but i want to make it as future proof as i can (for me) so that it will last a while. (untill i can afford better stuff).

and i will have a look at that board later ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom