I tightened my RAM timings, but can't tell on Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalliArt882

Daemon Poster
Hi, my RAM timings were pretty high when I first built this system, at least 5-5-5-18. At least, I think they were, because everyone who bought Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 Dominator said you had to manually adjust it to 4-4-4-12.

Well, I did that. BIOS says 4-4-4-12, and I'm running Windows fine. But, I can't ever tell what any of my speeds are on Windows. For an example, on CPU-Z, I click the "Memory" tab, and the only thing it says is that I have 2048 MBytes. All of the other boxes are blank. Nobody else seems to have this problem. This same crap happened to me when I tried OCing my e6600. I couldn't tell if anything actually happened because CPU-Z would act the same way. Can someone tell me why CPU-Z is being stupid, or why I am being stupid?

I'm on a Gigabyte DS3 965p, using 2x1GB Corsair XMS2 Dominator.

well i dont know whats up with cpu-z but what i do know is if you set the timings in the bios then they pretty much have no choice but to be those timings.

Yes, it's very very odd. Maybe I'll uninstall and try re-downloading it from another source. I checked my BIOS once again when I booted today, they were still 4-4-4-12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom