Building/Buying Gaming PC - $2300USD budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade Sparrow

Beta member
Well, exactly what the title says. I'm not exactly a computer genius so I need other people to help me choose parts or pc. If I build one I'll have to get a computer-savvy relative to do it.

Note: This computer will be built in approx. 6 months. Will it be out of date for the price by then?

hrmm... well just grab things from this list

8800gtx
intel core 2 duo e6600
nvidia 680i motherboard
G.skill ddr2 800 ram, or even corsair
western digital 320 gb hard drive
a large case... lol
any cd drive of your choice
and a zalman cpns 9700 or scythe ninja for your cpu cooler

^^good parts. Use the rest of the money to get a 20-22" monitor and some good speakers w/ a x-fi xtrememusic soundcard and your set.

With the proc and video card, you should be good for a year before it goes down to high-mid to high end rig. Now 6 months from now, there are going to be some price drops and you might be able to get a quad-core for a good price. The r600 (supposedly going to be better then the 8800gtx) should be out by then, and if not then better G80 (the family the 8800gtx comes from) will be out too. So 6 months from now....NosBoost would probably change alot of the things he said. But right now, that is a high end rig.

I would get another Western Digital hard drive for my OS and apps. You don't want to put all of your eggs in one basket, so they say.

I just watched a video on Youtube looking at a 22" monitor and it looks amazing. How do games display on it? are backgrounds and themes hard to find?

Also, this may be asking too much, but could someone recommend me some parts along with the usual price per part? I'd like to add in that monitor which the video says is $300 as well. Remember, I'm not the biggest computer genius in the world, so the type of part for each one would help also (ex. processor, video card, etc)

i would reccommend seagate hdd's because they are very reliable and it has a 5 year warranty. as for the soundcard i would reccommend a creative x-fi platnium. or an audigy 2 zs.

TT tsunami $110 + $15
lite-on dvd-burner $31
WD 250gb HDD $75
microsoft comfort curve keyboard/mouse $22 + $6
g.skill ddr2-800 2x1gb $190 + $5
acer 22" LCD $280 + $15
asus p5n32-e 680i $260 + $7
ocz gameXstream 600w $130 + $8
C2D e6600 $314
CL x-fi xtremeGamer $120 + $7
evga 8800gtx $560 + $6
logitech z-5300 $135 + $24

total: $2320

I didn't include an os, but if you need one then drop the soundcard and get a xp home with a vista coupon so you can upgrade later. Don't get vista right now....give it a while (im waiting and hoping this summer) for some problems to be fixed before jumping onto vista.

that power supply is over the top just go with a good brand name like fortron thermaltake ocz antec and get a 500w with the right amps along the rails and you will be fine

Shade Sparrow said:
I just watched a video on Youtube looking at a 22" monitor and it looks amazing. How do games display on it? are backgrounds and themes hard to find?

Also, this may be asking too much, but could someone recommend me some parts along with the usual price per part? I'd like to add in that monitor which the video says is $300 as well. Remember, I'm not the biggest computer genius in the world, so the type of part for each one would help also (ex. processor, video card, etc)

hrmm i'm on a 22 inch monitor... and i love it!!!! i have a 22 inch westinghouse... its great, i'm running it through dvi. The only problem is, some games don't support widescreen... so you gotta settle for less... like 1280x1024 stretched out... and it kinda sucks... lol.. but the goodness outweighs the bad... i say go 22 or 24... and if you can.. definitely a 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom