Would like some good cooling options for under $75..

Status
Not open for further replies.

King$nake

In Runtime
My X-Fi SoundCard crapped out, so Im going to send it back and just use my Asus P-5B OnBoard HD Sound until I can figure out which sound card to get.

I thought I would spend the extra money on cooling for my PC. I would like to run at around 1.5V at around 3.6-3.8GHZ. Right now Im at 3.2 Stable @ 1.35V, but if I turn it up my system starts to become unstable due to voltage.

Anyways, what are some good options for under $75? Im currently using the stock Heatsink for my E6400, and I also already have a 250mm fan on the side of my case.

thanks guys
Joe

I dont think theres any way your going to hit 3.6-3.8 with 1.5V core without using either water or phase.

The very absolute best ive gotten my e6600 to boot at is 3.78 with 1.625V of core.

The temp on the cpu was 65C in the bios. This is water cooled, with the entire rig basically sitting outside in roughly 4C air.

It could very well be that the best you get out of the cpu is 3.2

yeah i don't think you will be able to get 3.8ghz. 3.6ghz is possible but i doubt you could get there with an 8 multiplier. Now 3.4ghz is good (thats what im at...8x425).

A zalman 9500 or scythe ninja are pretty good hsf's. Make sure to grab a tube of as5 too.

And check your private messages. I just relaized you sent me a message a while back earlier. Sry...i wasn't ignoring you. I just suck at checking my inbox :p.

Put a Scythe Inifinity or Tuniq Tower in there. Great air coolers. The Inifinity is the sucessor to the Ninja.

my 9700 beats my old scythe ninja.. if you want the ninja to be really good, you should get a 100cfm fan with it.. otherwise, with its stock fan.. its just great.. not uuber great...

and the best is the tuniq tower.. it creamed everything else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom