new rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

crward

In Runtime
any good?
Processor (CPU)
AMD ATHLON™ 64 FX-62 (2.8GHz) 2 x 1MB L2 Cache (Socket AM2)

Memory (RAM)
4096 MB CORSAIR XMS2 800MHz - LIFETIME WARRANTY! (4x1GB)

Motherboard
ASUS® M2N32-SLI DELUXE: DUAL DDR2, S-ATA II, 2 x PCI-Ex, 2 x PCI

Operating System
WINDOWS® VISTA Home Premium (inc Genuine CD & License) (

USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS (4 REAR + 2 FRONT) AS STANDARD

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
250GB SERIAL ATA II HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (7200rpm)

2nd Hard Disk
NONE

RAID (HDD 1 & 2)
NONE

1st CD/DVD Drive
18x DVD±RW/RAM + Lightscribe (48 x CD-RW)

2nd CD/DVD Drive
NONE

Graphics Card
768MB GEFORCE 8800GTX PCI Express + DVI + TV-OUT

2nd Graphics Card
768MB GEFORCE 8800GTX PCI Express + DVI + TV-OUT

Sound Card
8 Channel ADI® High Definition Audio

Network Facilities
2 x 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORTS

Floppy Disk Drive
NONE

Memory Card Reader
NONE

Case
Silver Neon Bubble case + Neon Extreme Kit!

Power Supply & cooling
1000W Quiet Five Rail PSU incl Case Fan & CPU Cooler

Firewire & Video Editing
2 x ONBOARD 1394 FIREWIRE PORTS

TV Card
NONE

Monitor
WIDESCREEN 22 INCH TFT SIL/BLACK 1680 x 1050 5MS DVI

2nd Monitor
NONE

Keyboard & Mouse
Logitech® G15 Gaming Keyboard + Backlit Characters

Mouse
Logitech® G7 Cordless Laser Gaming Mouse?

suggestions?

With a rig like this you might as well go for a better processor ie not amd. Have you looked into Saitek keyboards? IMO they are better than the logitech ones. Two question though..what are you using this for and what kind of hd are you going with?

Not at all. Overkill Comes to mind. Not to mention C2D's pound AMD.
And Sli Is a waste
E6600 (Scythe Ninja + Artic Silver 5 + 120 MM Fan
ASUS P5B E
2 X 1GB GSkill DDR2 800 (Corsair XMS or Dominator)
Corsair 620 Watt
Evga 8800GTX
Optorite, plextor or Samsung DVD burners
Audigy 2 ZS or X-Fi
WD Raptor 74 GB (OS)
Seagate 320 GB SATA 16 MB Cache (Storage)

Not to be mean but when you built that build you weren't well informed It would seem. That CPU is a total waste as the Intel Core 2 Duos will stomp on those AMD's for less money. The Keyboard is a waste as the G11 is the same thing almost and cheaper, the mouse is not worth getting. It is actually a pretty bad mouse and an MX-518 is MUCH better than it. If you want to go SLI on an 8800GTX go ahead but as stated, SLI is not worth it.

You do NOT need 4 gigs of ram unless your doing some crazy visual designing and a lot of other things. 2 gigs is plenty enough for most users today.

1000 watt PSU....NOT needed. 1000 watt is so overkill that it's not even funny. That build right now will need about a good 550watt PSU even with both of those cards. I say drop one 8800GTX and get a good 580w Hiper, or a 520 Thermaltake PSU. Just look for a good one around 500 watts and that will be all you will need on a single card.

Did you view my post? THat is a very good and highly overclockable rig. With the money saved on what i posted you can Invest into a Nicer/bigger Case and a Larger/better Widescreen moniter.

Which makes me curious, provide the link to that Moniter.

Yea a P5B-E is an awesome overclocker, and the G.Skill ram won't be limiting you at all thats for sure. Still I'm a bit curious about your monitor too, since you didn't give the name It could be like an 18ms crappy 22 inch for all we know lol. Link us if you can.

hdd is listed but not the brand..you know there not all the same right? Anywho get a seagate. And 4gigs of mem is overkill thats why I asked what you will be doing since your games likely wont need that.

Also if you have to go vista at least get the ultimate.

just go 8800 gtx only 1
6600 processor
2 gig ram ( get a very good one )
get a respectable harddrive
a 600 watt power supply.
a 150-220 buck motherboard

Your specs look like a 3500 buck system while the specs i give are like 1800 . all for the same performance u will being able to see cause of lcd resolution limitations. maybe if u have a 1600x1200 monitor doing full antialiasing or something but that is not woth 2,000 bucks all in its own.

Just taking a guess here, but the way your listed your parts makes me think you're getting a prebuilt .. Build your own!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom