Buying pc $1900Usd Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say that DDR2-800 Was enough to max out an overclock. I'm saying that the Dominator will probably hit DDR2-1200 quite easily and that's not needed. My G.Skill Ram will hit 580mhz and it's the green model right below the white I suggested. Everyone I know who has my ram so far has hit at least 500mhz...G.Skill's RAM is made to overclock far beyond standard 400mhz usually. They even say therselves that their RAM is made for the "overclock enthusiast"

Sora said:
I didn't say that DDR2-800 Was enough to max out an overclock. I'm saying that the Dominator will probably hit DDR2-1200 quite easily and that's not needed. My G.Skill Ram will hit 580mhz and it's the green model right below the white I suggested. Everyone I know who has my ram so far has hit at least 500mhz...G.Skill's RAM is made to overclock far beyond standard 400mhz usually. They even say therselves that their RAM is made for the "overclock enthusiast"

ya.. i made the mistake of getting corsair.... so i'm pooped out on oc'ing... can't really do anything over 444 mhz... which sucks....

so i'm planning on buying some g.skill ddr800...... hopefully they don't flop like my corsair ram... and hopefully the ram was the problem with my 680i not posting!!

G.Skill is such awesome RAM and I can only say how good they will overclock for the price...It's really the only memory I recommend in my builds anymore.

I would go with everything that Ste has recommended, and the Hanns G. I love this monitor!

Sora said:
G.Skill is such awesome RAM and I can only say how good they will overclock for the price...It's really the only memory I recommend in my builds anymore.

ya, in my old s939 build i had some g.skill ddr500.. that ram was amazing did ddr550 very easily, and probably could have done more, and handled high voltages like a pro..

i too recommend g.skill to anyone interested in overclocking, or even just plain wanting to save money on ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom