No sound, Sony Vaio

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBD

In Runtime
Hi guys.

I have a older Sony Vaio PC with XP on it, I updated windows to sp2 and 20 other updates, Anyway... The onboard sound stopped working after the updates.

In the device manager, It says its working fine, But in the control panel under "sound" it says there is not a sound device.

Also, In device manager, There is a exclamation mark on "plug and play software enumerator" and it says its not working.

I did a system restore to before I updated windows and the onboard sound is still not working. :mad:

I uninstalled the onboard sound and restarted, Then It automaticly reinstalled it. It says its working fine, But its not.

I downloaded the sound drivers from sonys website and installed them with no luck, Its says its working fine, But its not.

I think the "plug and play software enumerator" is the problem. (whatever that is?)

I have restarted this super slow PC 50 times today and I can't get the sound to work :mad:

Please help :D

Thanks, sylwek :)

From your link

"You'll need to find two files (try doing a Google Search)
>
>#1. swenum.inf
>#2. swenum.sys
>
>Then Add New Hardware, System Device, and have disk. Choose swenum.
>Install it. Reboot."

When he say "add new hardware" Is he referring to the "add hardware wizard" under the control panel?

Should I un-install the "plug and play software enumerator" before I install the new files?

I can't find these files, But I found this (#8 and 9 in the link)
http://techrepublic.com.com/5206-62..._Q6iVrorar?forumID=49&threadID=167025&start=0

I am not sure what I copy to notepad. Do I copy the text from #8 and #9 in the same notepad file and save it as "swenum.inf" ?

Could you please copy and past exactly what I need in the swenum.inf file. (in it's own reply/post)

I still need to find the "swenum.sys" file

Thanks! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom