Curious....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust me, you won't want this... Well you may, but I won't be selling it. It can reach really good bus speeds only issue is... My processor wants some serious volts to get to 3.0Ghz... I can do 2.7Ghz fine but after that the Vcore fluctuates to much with a slightly higher voltage and OVP kicks in and wont kick off till you leave the system off for a LONG time...

Pepsiboy700 said:
uhhh...ever heard of an analogy?

take it easy there, chief.
that was a pretty subtle analogy if i've ever seen one.
i do know what an analogy is, and i also know A LOT is two words. lol.
i guess i just didnt catch the analogy between a graphics card and a motherboard. apologies.
original poster, you say you have to really up the voltage to get to 3.0
what voltage do you have to use? i am just curious...i can get my 4200 to 2.7+ with a slight vcore increase. to stabilize at 2.75 i need 1.45 or 1.475 i cant remember which.
i have upped the vcore to 1.6 and can post close (so close) to 3.0ghz. but my abit will not let me go higher than 299 bus speed, and i have to use a x9 multi to get that. at x10, i cant go quite that high, but overall closer to 3ghz. so, either it is my mobo or my psu. i dunno?
i would look at the dfi lanparty ut dude it is supposed to be the boss hogg of am2 overclockers.
if you get it, let me (us) know how it works out. actually, do that no matter which board you get!
good luck!

I can't get above 1.5V because of OVP on my vcore and 2.2V on my ram... It's a pita... I require 1.65 to stay stable at 2.9Ghz for a few hours..... Above that it fluctuates to much and OVP keeps me from even posting... Have to reset it all...

The boards could be different in terms of bios. My board was originally made by Chaintech and if you check review's of the board there are alot more bios features for overclocking than the BFG version but both boards are exactly the same! For some reason I cannot flash the Chaintech bios on this BFG board so I got screwed big time.He could always return it and get a different board if needed.

true enough about exchanging it...
i think you're right, the difference is probably in the bios. although i don't know what it could be...?
i would like to see some results from a high-end am2 mobo before i replace my abit in search of a higher overclock...
probably a stupid question, but you cannot turn off the ovp?
i dont think you want to have the vcore up at 1.65 or above...its gonna get pretty warm.

I've got a Foxconn C51XEM2AA Nforce 590 board. it's quite good.

I always thought of Foxconn as a cheapo brand before I got this board, but Foxconn have actually done pretty well on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom