Correction Made

E6600
ASUS P5B E
8800GTS
Corsair 520 Watt
Plextor, Sasmsung or Optorite DVD Burners
Corsair Dominator DDR2 800
WD Raptor 74 GB (OS)
Seagate 320 GB SATA 16 MB Cache (Storage)
Audigy 2 ZS of X-fi
Some large Case
Sceptre 22" Widescreen (Or Hanns G)

I have showed you the way now you can get Links.

Dominator memory? Ouch...not worth it. P5B E is a great choice but I just don't like the dominator line. I would get some cheaper G.Skill memory as they will take an E6600 to max overclock while saving some cash for other things.

You will need a nice Large case with at least 2 120mm Fans, preferably more. If you get the 22 inch he suggested then get the 640MB 8800GTS although, I would skimp on a few more things and try to get an 8800GTX as at that resolution it will probably be worth it.

Dominator series are amazing ram, but you don't need amazing RAM to max out an E6600 overclock. And one lower CAS won't make a noticeable enough difference to warrant the extra 100 bucks or so that could be put towards an 8800GTX.

I'm making a build right now in my cart and I was going to put in an Arctic Freezer 7 but they are now 70 bucks?????? WTF. They are good coolers and were a bit cheap but now thats just insane.

Also If You can find a Tuniq Tower CPU cooler then go with that becuase it is the best, just hard to find.

If you like to overclock, you might want to look into the E4300, it's a lot cheaper and has a 9x Multiplier, so just to get your ram to run at DDR2-800 you'll have 3.6Ghz. So get a good cooler with the E4300, and you'll have that baby flying in no time.

EDIT: I don't know when the 8900GTS/GTX is coming out so i don't know if it would be worth waiting for or not.

Sora said:
Dominator series are amazing ram, but you don't need amazing RAM to max out an E6600 overclock. And one lower CAS won't make a noticeable enough difference to warrant the extra 100 bucks or so that could be put towards an 8800GTX.

no ddr800 isnt enough to oc a e6600 to its max.... my ram is crippling my e6600... its the reason why i can't go past 3.9 ghz.... i need some ddr1066 if i wanna break into the 4's..

unless you get some really high end ddr800 that'll take incredibly high voltage.. thats the only way you'll get some massive oc's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom