Building a New PC -> Buying Parts/Hardware Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the replies...keep em' coming.

No, I don't know when they are gonna upgrade them.

I have another question though about cooling.

What is the best type of fan cooling to have? Im only looking to spend around $30 on cooling....and since I found out I can overclock core 2 duo's alot, I am thinking I will be doing that alot when gaming/using video editing software.

So I was planning on getting 2x120mm fans....but then I realised I don't really know why I would be getting them instead of 80mm ones.

So what is the deal, what fan types is it best to have for an average pc when you plan on overclocking some.

2x 80mm
1x 120mm ?

or would 2x120mm 1x80mm work?

I don't understand....and also, I want it to be fairly quiet. Any tips/buying tips?

Thanks for any help.

to the guy with the monitor question sub 5ms doesn't matter a great deal as i stand to be corrected but the human eye cant see ghosting at 5ms I thought that a good quality 12ms screen and you will not see ghosting so 5ms should be good enof for anyone. I also recommend the VX1945 or VX1935 im in love with that monitor lol i have the VX2245wm and it is incredible looks great of or on and 5ms timings. The E6400 has unlocked multipliers so is faster

saltynay said:
to the guy with the monitor question sub 5ms doesn't matter a great deal as i stand to be corrected but the human eye cant see ghosting at 5ms I thought that a good quality 12ms screen and you will not see ghosting so 5ms should be good enof for anyone. I also recommend the VX1945 or VX1935 im in love with that monitor lol i have the VX2245wm and it is incredible looks great of or on and 5ms timings. The E6400 has unlocked multipliers so is faster

um... the e6400 does not have unlocked multiplier... only the x6800 and qx6700 have unlocked multi's.....

saltynay said:

Okay...what about the e6300?

saltynay said:

thx, i looked at them at newegg.com, their alright, but shouldnt i go with one that has GTG or no?

i want to buy 1 monitor next month or so, then another later in the summer for support of dual-monitors, that is once i get the high-end R600 *best of the best* next month or so.

anyways, unless u think i should try to go for a monitor with a higher contrast ratio, over 700:1, what ratio should i go for? Would i notice a differ if i go for one with CR of 1200:1 or what? What ratio would a notice a differ?

well here is one im also looking into, have to buy a DVI-D to DVI-D separate though:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824112006

thx for u help.

Wildside said:
thx, i looked at them at newegg.com, their alright, but shouldnt i go with one that has GTG or no?

i want to buy 1 monitor next month or so, then another later in the summer for support of dual-monitors, that is once i get the high-end R600 *best of the best* next month or so.

anyways, unless u think i should try to go for a monitor with a higher contrast ratio, over 700:1, what ratio should i go for? Would i notice a differ if i go for one with CR of 1200:1 or what? What ratio would a notice a differ?

well here is one im also looking into, have to buy a DVI-D to DVI-D separate though:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824112006

thx for u help.

Lol stop hijacking my thread please, its not a big deal though....but I take priority :p

have you checked ebay Canada?

it will be overall cheaper than buying from site's like that..

plus you can use paypal as per your liking

erm sorry the e6300 and the e6400 have the difference of the unlocked multipliers and then the e6600 has the increased memory cache sorry im not sure about the difference between the e4300 an e6300 although last time i looked there was only 5 pounds so $10 difference might aswell go with e6300 i just bought the e6600 but im planning to overclock it too around 3ghz.

to wildsyde:
I just bought the 8800gts 640mb lol i dont mind having 3rd best but the r600 looks awesome that monitor looks ok i have been hearing good things aout the hanns g monitors lately so maybe you should have a gander. I currently have a dual monitor with my laptop and a crt it feels so cramped when i have to take my laptop to class not enough screen space definately worth going for dual monitor but if your a movie buff or hardcore gamer you may get annoyed with the bezel i dont like watching films spread across the dual monitor looked too weird with a huge black line in the middle. Cr is all about the b&w difference or so i believe so the higher the CR the larger the scale of colours the screen can produce the standard is 700:1 but if you want more that is completely upto you lol same with response time the standard might be 5ms bt if u want better then its your choice.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom