power question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzy

Baseband Member
hey guys, sorry for all the questions but i need to ask another. so what kind of power will i need to power a HIS x1950xtx along with a e6300, 2gb of ddr2 and asus p5b, would a standard antec 450w do the job or would i need something more heavy, anyway thanks for all the advice and i hope to hear from you soon

I think the antec will do it...
heck, my buddy at work runs a freakin 8800GTX off of a
480W PSU. (good thing he's running a BFG)
check
http://www.jonnyguru.com
for PSU reviews and stuff like that.
but 450 should do ok...unless I am missing something
painfully obvious.

Mac

Sora said:
Yea an Antec 450 should be plenty as an 8800GTX can run on a FPS 400w, it has been tested.
If you referring to tris thread, the Power supply they used to get said measurement was NOT a forton 400 Watt. But it was a TT toughPower. So until they test that SAME Setup on a 400 Watt fortron I am not convinced. I would reccomend at Least a 450 Watt fortron for similar builds.

Besides, you always want some room for expansion.

No doubt will you want some room for expansion but no I'm not refering to any thread I say on here, someone on a different site used a standard 400w FPS with an E6600 and it was stable. There wasn't much room left for anything else but it's still possible. Yea though it should work but you won't have much room at all, after you get it I'd save about 80 bucks or so and look for a nice 550 watt or something for later.

Im still Angry that the testers who wrote that article didn't try that rig Under load with a 400 Watt fortron after the first power test.

...... It would have been interesting to see rail and power consumption data for given power supply.

Yea should have tested a few others, especially the 400w Fortron since that's one of my standard PSU recommendations for medium power builds, that or the 450w model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom