Pc automatically installed something when i turned it off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
As title, i had the pc on all day as usual, then i went to turn it off before i went to bed, but when i click on "start" "shutdown" on the little box it said "click shutdown to shutdown pc and install" and it blue text underneath it said "click here to shutdown without installing".
Now im not sure what this was because prior to this i never got any windows updates prompt in the system tray, nor did i "accept" any invite to install anything? :confused:
But anyway i click on shutdown and it went ahead and installed, it went to the blue shutdown screen and said "installing update 1 of 11................2 of 11" just did that until it finished and my pc shutdown, this only took no longer than 2mins.
Come on the pc this morning and everything seems fine.

Does anyone know what on earth that was? :confused:

its simple routine updates for you PC

if your Using McAfee they issue these updates

For example when you install/un-install and it says ''you must restart your computer for these changes to take affect''

if you dont resart then, the updates will hapen when you next shut down, which is what you are refering to

Hope this clears it up

M$ did send out their updates late last week. Are you sure this wasnt one of them? Also some apps do try to install when you PC shuts down. McAfee is one. But there are others. Do a Ctrl+Alt+Del to get the task manager to see what it is.

Go into control panel, add/remove programs. Check the box that says "show updates". See if there are any for the date in question.

GSM CEO said:
its simple routine updates for you PC

if your Using McAfee they issue these updates

For example when you install/un-install and it says ''you must restart your computer for these changes to take affect''

if you dont resart then, the updates will hapen when you next shut down, which is what you are refering to

Hope this clears it up
i know that, like i said prior to this happening i DID NOT click on anything to install, and id have noticed if it was a windows update because you get the little yellow icon in the system tray and it stays until the system has been restarted, that wasnt there.

I dont have McAfee either, im running Zonealarm pro and Nod32.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom