Windows Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitrocrusher

Baseband Member
Whenever I run a program the installer for another program and I have to click cancel a couple of times before the actual program that I clicked on comes up. Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

let the installer finish its routine. if its unable to finish uninstall and reinstall the program

This has happened to me a couple of times and I don't want to be uninstalling and reinstalling a very cumbersome program everytime that I run into this issue. What would be causing it to do this?

That depends. Have you updated the installer to the new 3.1 version thru Windows Updates? How old or new are the applications you are installing and have trouble with?

It is a combination of factors that can cause this. Basically what it comes down to is the OS. The shape of it. A fresh install or a couple year old install without any mainteance. If you keep up with removing cookies and defrags then you should be alright but if you dont do anything but install and uninstall things then your system will be more prone to issues like this.

I have all of the latest updates and I am meticulous about keeping my computer clean and organized. I usually reformat my hard drive atleast once every 18 months or sooner, and this last install was only about 5 or 6 months ago.

My last suggestion would be to remove and re-install the Windows 3.1 Installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom