Outlook and restore archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

zillah

In Runtime
I have got two accounts with outlook 2003 (workÂ’s account and hotmailÂ’s account)

If I have got backup for my other hotmail account (I have got two hotmail accounts), how can I restore it (i.e I do not like to mix both hotmail accounts)?

Regards

>>import to a second archive, and re-export it<<
Could you please be more specific
Regards

I have used my outlook to retrieve one ( because I have got two accounts) of my yahoo's account (unintentionally I mentioned hotmail) mails, then i formatted my laptop, but before formatting, I saved the file below on my external hard disk.
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8017/ou...pforyaoobe2.jpg

Now after I installed fresh copy of windows , and I installed outlook again, I used the outlook to retrieve my work mails from the server, my second yahoo accounts from the yahoo server, what should I do to restore my first yahoo account from the external hard disk , without mixing with the yahoo account that retrieved from yahoo server ?

you prolly wont find it in your office backup. pst's default location is inside the user profile. x:\documents and settings\username\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook\ (i think)

run a search for *.pst setup the account in outlook. a separate folder list will be created. import the old emails form the pst you found.

x:\documents and settings\username\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook\ (i think)
Since I have not saved the file in the above location, I believed that i have not archived the proper file for my previous emails

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom