No Post No Beeps

Status
Not open for further replies.
check on ur mobo if theres any bad capacitors that are either popping up or blows open or even leaking if so then it time for a new mobo or just replace the bad ones by soldering

From what I can tell, the mobo has no visible sign of damage, and it is the second one I've tried.

With the latest mobo installed, it POSTed and booted normally 5-6 times in a row (as I installed more hardware), but I've had many many failed attempts before and after that instance.

know im thinking that something might of shorted out. this may be annoying but pull out ur motherboard from the case and place it on something that wont give out static like a box, same with the PSU.
start the computer by touching the 2 pins where the power button used to sit, with a screw driver. and see if it POST

just took the CPU out and checked the pins - they all look straight

it fits into the socket very easily too, so if the pins were bent I guess I would have a problem getting it in there

and if it was a problem with the CPU, wouldn't it beep at me? can CPUs be tempramental, ie work one minute and not the next? I would have thought it would just stop working and that would be it.

I checked the manual to ensure I was inserting it correctly and I was. I then noticed the manual said it also required a 4pin ATX lead to be connected.

I thought this was the issue, but on checking on t'internet it turns out this is a misprint in the manual and this board does not require the extra 4-pin ATX!

Back to the drawing board...

So... now I'm thinking of starting fresh with a new PC for my mate. He's needing a PC pretty quick and I'm gonna be outta the country for a month in about a week.

This one has stumped me, and you lot too by the looks of things.

Anyone wanna buy these components for an 'interesting' project :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom