Is this PSU enough for this system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shafra said:
This thing has me stumped. Sometimes when I power it on all fans kick on, other times 1 fan my stay off, sometimes the CPU fan. If I give the fan a spin with my finger it starts working. It's totally random, if I disconnect the DVD drives all fans seem to power up fine, therefore, I assumed it was not getting enough power. Power and 4 in connectors are attached, I can't see to figure out the problem.

That psu should be powering it no sweat. Seems like you have a deffective psu. RMA it for another one or get a different psu.

The hiper 580w is a good psu in the same price range, but it won't supply as much power as the antec did on the +12v rails (you still would be able to run one 8800gtx if you wanted to with the hiper).

Sora said:
Ah, yea it only has 18 giving it a total of 56 with all three and you would need 60A's to run SLI.

minimum requriment for an 8800gtx (coming from newegg on an evga 8800gtx) is 28amps. So you need a minimum of 56amps for sli. That psu only supplies 54amps. It might power two if the manufactures gave themselves leeway on the requirements but i wouldn't try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom