AMD Athlon Overclocking!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebx902004

Baseband Member
I'll keep this simple but sweet.

What is the easiest and most user friendly way to over clock an AMD Athlon 3200+?

Well basically you need to search this forum and find the tutorials that people have written... anyways, I'll give you the key terms for overclocking a cpu...

You have the multiplier, which since the chip you have is most likely locked, you can't raise it but one or two step... 11.5/12

Then the front side bus, you can raise probably a good 15mhz on that chip, which is what I've done before...

And the vcore, which is the voltage going to the cpu, in order to stablize the overclock, you have to give it enough juice...

So try everything in steps, get into your bios and change the multiplier one step up. Add maybe 5mhz to your fsb and kick up the vcore a good amount and test it.. if it runs fine, raise it all more, etc... When you get to the speed you want, try dropping the vcore more and more, along with tests each time, to ensure its stability. This way you're not burning the chip up faster and it will run cooler. Good luck, hope this helped hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom