Fans, how many?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccskorn

Baseband Member
I'm building a computer and was wondering how many fans I should need. I'm not planning on overclocking, just going to use components the way they are out of the box. Also, has anyone used one of those bay-freezers that fit in a 5.25" bay?

heh that setup looks weird, it looks like it blows hot air out, and then the intake sucks it right back in, i know since its circulating it will be cooler, but to mean that doesn't seem ideal, but maybe someone else can say differently

As far as air cooling 120 mm fans get the job done.1 intake and 1 exhaust.I like the Enermax fan speed control type.So you can turn it up or down depending on your needs :)
That bay freezer is an interesting idea .They also had 1 for a rear slot exaust .That could be of use for certain cooling needs but it wont cool your system all by itself.

Yea I agree, it looks as if it blows the hot air out of the case but as the other is sucking air in to cool the case it sucks in the air that has just blown out. Bad design. I wouldn't recommend at all. I have an intake fan on the back of my PC and an extracter fan on the side so that it doesn't take in the same air it is blowing out, as long as I have plenty of ventilation around the case it works fine! Case temp is 34 degrees and CPU is 44 degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom