p5b deluex mem help

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnmd7

Solid State Member
hello guys. im allmost done my computer build all i need is my mem. im lost when it comes to this part. i know i need 1.8 v but if i go higher will it hurt anything? allso here is a link for the one i would like to get

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16820227120

allso if i pick this up from newegg and it dose not work with my mobo will ocz help me out with that part?

ty guys

what do you mean more the 1.8v will hurt it? I have a pair of g. skill HZ's that run at 2.1v.

That ram should work fine. If they don't then you could rma them or try different memory.

OCZ has a lifetime warranty. So if a stick goes bad, you should be able to call up ocz for a swap; and as i understand it, ocz has a good product service record. Newegg also has a 30-day return policy which lets you return the memory for a full refund within 30-days of purchase.

By hurt it I'm guessing that he's referring to how the motherboard ignores SPD data and defaults ram at 1.8v. Its not going to hurt anything, it just might not boot. I used this for a p5b build and it booted just fine, and ran at the rated speed and timings, but not all were so fortunate it seems.

At worst you'll have to get a stick of 1.8v ram just so you can enter into the bios and change it to the 2v, then shut down switch out ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom