mem for pb5 deluex

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnmd7

Solid State Member
hello guys. im allmost done my computer build all i need is my mem. im lost when it comes to this part. i know i need 1.8 v but if i go higher will it hurt anything? allso here is a link for the one i would like to get

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227120

allso if i pick this up from newegg and it dose not work with my mobo will ocz help me out with that part?

ty guys

It should work fine. If it doesn't newegg won't have a problem exchanging it/refunding it.

don't you need ram that works at 1.8v for the p5b?
that ocz says it needs 2.0v.
so, if thats the case, then no...it wont work unless i think you use a 1.8v stick of ram to turn on your system the first time, then change ram voltage in bios to 2.0V so the ocz will post.
i may be mistaken, but i dont think that will be able to use the ocz first off.
although, my corsair xms says on the newegg site that it needs to have 2.1V, but that is just at the 4-4-4-12 timings. it posted fine @ 1.8 or 1.85V (i cant remember the stock voltage in my bios) at the 5-5-5-18 timings. so that can be misleading, i guess.
but i have definitely seen people on the forum with problems posting higher voltage ram with the c2d mobos.

got it but one dude on there left a review saying his set up and he has my set up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom