Fixing My Dell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsYcHo_ShiZniT

Solid State Member
Well, I've finally have had enough of my computer's bull crap. I bought a Dell this summer, a Dimension E510. Costed $1500. It's been messing up left and right, always crashing, and always needing to be restarted. And it's going very slow than what it was from the factory. I talked to a Dell rep, they told me to use the program built in the machine that is called like PC restore, which should set it back to factory settings and wipe everything off except the OS. I plan to do this UNTIL, I can afford a WD Raptor X HDD which then I'll rip the old shitty 80GB out and put that one in.

Now, I need to know, right now, I am using Norton SystemWorks. My question is, should I install it on my PC again after I restore it?

Thanks in advance!

BTW, it's gonna take a long time for me to get my build cause finding a job is really tick'n me off...

Yea, that was my mistake, but should I reinstall Norton SystemWorks on it? Or should I get something else for a security suite. I don't like AVG.

PsYcHo_ShiZniT said:
Yea, that was my mistake, but should I reinstall Norton SystemWorks on it? Or should I get something else for a security suite. I don't like AVG.
yeah install it if its free, but if you want to check out some other scanners and things go to www.download.com and type in virus scanner or something.

id take it back to the shop you got it from (if the warantee is still valid)

and get a replacement

meh, got the thing by mail, war. has 100 days left on it. I might consider mailing it in. But then what, I'll have to use my mom's Gateway, bleh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom