SimCity 4 Crashes my Computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

J4y_97

Solid State Member
I have SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition and when I play it my computer will randomly restart. What happens is this: I can play it normally for a while like maybe an hour or less and then the screen will go black and the audio stutters, then a blue error screen appears for less than a second, then the computer restarts itself.

I got the newest patch from EA and it doesn't help. My video card has up to date drivers and my motherboard has proper drivers installed.

I am not having this problem in other games.

I tried reinstalling the game but that didn't fix it.

Leaving my anti-virus disabled doesn't seem to help + I know the anti-virus isn't the problem because my other computer has the same anti-virus software installed and the game runs perfect on that system.

please, anyone know what the problem could be?

PC Specs:
DFI Lanparty UT NF3 250GB
AMD Sempron 64 2800+ Palermo
eVGA 6600GT 128MB AGP
2x512MB DDR 400
Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 SATA

Well OK, I set Windows to not restart when a BSOD happens so next time I get one while playing SimCity 4 I will read what it says and try to figure out what the problem is.

Well I defraged my hard disk and deleted my temp files and then I played the game for over an hour with no crashes but I don't think doing those things could have solved the problem? We'll see but as of now the game seems to be working...

It crashed again. This time when I played, all I did different was enable 4x AA and 4x AF through NVIDIA Settings....

Anyway I got the BSOD and this is what it said,

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0xF7BF71C6, 0x00000002, 0x00000000C 0xF6761B03)

*** nvmcp.sys - Address F6761B03 base at F6706000, DateStamp 40b3cf79

what does that mean?

well thats deffinatly to do with the GFX carrd, which model do you have and try updating the driver fo rit before replying then if same prob post back with teh model, also does yuo pc meet the min requirements for sim city as i had a shitty old pc i tried to play C&C generals on before and same problem happened to me.

OOPS EDIT:
only skim read this post and just saw that you have posted all of he above try updating drivers still though

also if you using a NOCD fix that doesnt match the game version thsi can cause crashes

I have the very latest graphics card drivers installed and I'm not using a NOCD patch.

Well I went into dxdiag and disabled Hardware Sound Acceleration and that seems to have fixed the problem. I don't even know what Hardware Sound Acceleration is but I guess I don't need it??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom