building new comp avice!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

baron5

Fully Optimized
hey i am goingto build my own computer and these are the parts i was going to buy. keep in mind i live in australia and some parts are not avialible to me. can you please tell me if any parts are not very good or not worth getting etc..

bfg nforce 680i mobo
g skill la 2gb ddr2 pc4200 ram
seagate 320gb sata HD
ocz gamerxtream 700 watt psu
core 2 duo e6700 2.66ghz
2x BFG 8800GTS 640mb in SLI
x-fi xtreme music sound card
gigabyte 3d water cooling
gigabyte aurora case black
Hp l204w monitor 20"
pioneer dvr-111dbk drive

thats everything please tell me if there is anything else im missong aswell

thanks in advance

The only things id say is (from reading this forum alone) is to save abit of cash and get the E6600 instead, still very fast and you could overclock easily to be faster than a 6700.
2x 8800 GTS? would it not be better to get 1 GTX? save room in your case and also that would be enough to run any game on max settings on your 20" screen, maybe that will save abit of cash too? the other stuff seems pretty good, overall thats a great build :D

ok well i have made some changes after what everyone has said i went for plait versions of gtx which are alot cheaper than the bfg versions. Also g skill 1000mhz pc-8000 ram heres my new list.

G.Skill ZX 2GB DDR2 PC8000 Duel Channel Kit (DDR2-1000Mhz)

-Palit 8800GTS 640MB 500MHz/1600MHz
or
-Palit 8800GTX 768MB 575MHz/1800MHz

Core 2 duo e6600 2.4ghz

i put the cpu down to 2.4ghz so that i can get 2 GTX's in sli
and faster ram.
Also how much better is 2 GTX's in sli than 1
is this list better?
thanks in advance

Wow do NOT get gtx's in SLI. One GTX is already more then enough, two is just a stupid waste of money. Save it and give it to the starving children. And you won't even get that much more performance either.

So do u think i should go for a 2.66 instead and 1 gtx???
just that i want to get and sli because the frame rate would be so smooth wouldnt it be bearlly twice as good having 2?
and is that ram better

your either a baller or have alot of parent's money to waste.

a single 8800 gtx will handle anything you can throw at it and your framerates would be fine, i promise you wont need 2 of them. i recommend getting something like EVGA or PNY. never heard of Palit.

save yourself 200 dollars by getting the e6600 instead of the e6700. its alot more practical for performance that you will not notice.

yeah baller lol. yeah i only got likw 1,300 aus right now just gonna save up and get eventuly not all at once. i just want to have a sli because it would be so good just to have to in sli.
but i suppose if i just get one i can always get another later on. and i have plait graphics card now they also own another company called ultravision or sumthin similar not sure put the 6800 ultra agp i got now seems to work really good so pailt is good for me.

just a couple more questions.
does the brand eg. BFG or palit ecga etc.. make any difference in performance.
and does the conroe fit in any lg775 socket or is it a different kind because its conroe
thanks

hows it goin fellow aussie.
-don't waste your money with SLI it's a complete waste of money, one 8800GTX will be more than enough to handel any game at max resol. at very high frame rates, search google for it's performing frame rates. SLI is marketing nonsense
-get a EVGA 8800 card from shadowentertainment.com.au, i just bought the EVGA 8800GTS KO ACS3 and i'm sure it will kill any game when i install it, so i can't even imagine what a EVGA 8800GTX could do
-don't worry about what others say with e6600 vs e6700, on a price per performance the e6600 would clean up but if you want the e6700 get it... i did.
-i'd recommend the corsair hx620w power supply that will be more than enough power even if you really want to SLI... 700w is an overkill and i'd say corsair has an edge over ocz and it's a modular psu.
-not sure about the mobo, research it on google and be sure, check out the ASUS P5b-deluxe - solid mobo, very highly rated by all
-all the rest looks pretty good, i'd consider just geting air cooled system with a zalman 9700, water cooling is very expensive probs very unnessacary...
have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom