Round Cables Installation/OS Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacit

Solid State Member
I recently purchased some round cables to replace the ribbon ones I have to my hard drive and optical drives. After installation and turning on my system I received the prompt "Operating System not found". I replaced the ribbons cables and everything worked fine. Why is my hard drive not recognizing the cables?

These are the ones I purchased:
ATA 100/133/ IDE Round Cables

If there is any other information needed let me know and I will provide it.

Did you try connecting the drives like this?

Blue: motherboard
Gray: slave drive
Black: master drive

Yes I have. The cables are labeled and I have connected them properly to the main board. As well as connected them to their respective devices for master/slave.

The Hard Drive I have is a EIDE (Ultra ATA/100). I believe the cables I have purchased to be the correct ones. Any advice to a solution would be highly welcomed. I have observed the faq guide and searched for similar problems through the forums search engine but had not luck finding an answer.

have you tried it with just the hdd on the cable? double check your jumpers, try it in a diff pc, make sure that ur bios settings are correct (as in udma mode 3, or pio mode 4, may be slower, but will help prevent data corruption as when the wires are together like that data can "skip" acrost the lines)

i would try it in a diff pc first, the cable could be defective.

Ah. Thank you is their a faq that can show me the process of checking these step by step. I know how to access BIOS but I am not familiar with any of the functions, or setting the modes.

What should my jumpers be set on? Should I switch my hdd to cable select?

It recognizes my operating system but now the issue is whenever I turn on my system it goes to screen that asks if I would like to start windows in safe mode. After I select to start XP normally all is then well.

I noticed the ribbon cable was 39 pin and the round IDE cables I installed are 40. Would this have to do with these issues I am having as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom