XP, video playback pauses every second or so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tadpole

Beta member
hello, all..

this is my first post, and i couldnt find this problem anywhere on this site, so if it has been discussed previously, i apologize...bear with me...

i have windows xp, and whenever i try to run a video file (on ANY program...dvd player, divx or windows media player, etc...) there is a very slight pause every second...

i even have this problem with non-video playback... (you might be asking yourself..."huh?!?"...lemme explain!) if i oen up a small window, say, an AOL instant message window, click on it and and try to move/drag it around, you can see that there is still that pause every second or so...the widow stops, and catches up to where im moving it...

my old computer was running ME, and when i installed XP on it, it had the same problem, so im guessing that it is XP related...i hear that xp is set at 60 frames per second, but i do not know how to change it...

i just bought a new video card, so it cant be that...im gonna keep this card, just because of the games that im going to be playing on it, so dont feel like i got ripped off, or should return it :)

any thoughts on this problem??

thanks in advance
tadpole

How much memory do you have? Running XP with 256mb or less can sometimes cause massive system slowdowns, especially if you have a lot of background programs running as well.

I also have the same problem. and wuite surprisingly, noone seems to have any solution to it. I have 512mbDDR2, 2.8Ghz, intel915, SATA80gb, etc. I tried every possible software solution i thought mught workk, but to no avail...

If it started after you put in the new video card, look for the latest drivers for that card, or if you have the latest, try some older drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom