First Newegg Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrod

In Runtime
Finally bought my first thing from newegg, a Seagate 320gb harddrive, and I got it in the mail yesterday. I was expecting it to be in its original box. Might sound like a dumb question..but is it normal for newegg to mail a hd in just a plastic bag surrounded by packing peanuts? How do you even know if the product you bought is new and not a refurb'd one??

If you look at the product carfefully, on the website it probably says Seagate 320GB Hard Drive - OEM. OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer. Which basically means that you only get the hard drive. Normally if it comes sealed in a bag with the silicon pills then it is new.

That's how my hard drive showed up from them.. it's OEM, and trust me, it's still a great drive

my dad used to own a company that does distribution of computer perpherals, those hard drives comes in a big box, probably about 10-20 in each box. they werent meant for retail sale. so yes your HD was bran new, just not dressed up in a fancy retail box. disc drives usually comes in the same manner for your future ref.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom