Is a 500 wt power supply good enough|?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phase-Six

In Runtime
For my currrent build im planning to go with my intergrated video chips (I know it sucks) until I get the money for a direct X10 graphics card. So I was wondering will I need to upgrade the power supply from my current 500 to a 600 or something? Btw I plan to do a little overclocking since I bought the e6300 ;p.

jonny_uk said:
as long as its a good brand 500 will be enough yes.

Well I'll admit that the Psu im using is one that came with the case and its 500 so I'm like okay cool but ive read not to trust those stock Psu's so i'll go ahead and buy a 580 ive been looking at.

i got the 550 ULTRA X2 PSU... its very nice wit modular hook ups...
i wuld recommend it to any 1

i recommend Antec, Ultra, Hiper, and Some ThermalTake PSU are good...

BuddyRo said:
i got the 550 ULTRA X2 PSU... its very nice wit modular hook ups...
i wuld recommend it to any 1

i recommend Antec, Ultra, Hiper, and Some ThermalTake PSU are good...

No offense but, There are no Ultra Power supply that is better than X Brand for any given price...

Now I completly understand how you have had good experiences with them. But many have not, and on the whole, Computer Forums reccomend many many other brands more often than Ultra.

Sorry... :rolleyes:

Ste said:
No offense but, There are no Ultra Power supply that is better than X Brand for any given price...

Now I completly understand how you have had good experiences with them. But many have not, and on the whole, Computer Forums reccomend many many other brands more often than Ultra.

Sorry... :rolleyes:

umm ok have u owned 1? lol not to be meen but Antec makes a good PSU, BUT there not the only ones in the buisness...

AND to say any Brand of PS is better than ULTRA is Idiotic... u mean a stock PSU is better?!? Wrong... I just recommend the best PSU that i have had Exp with... SO if u have no exp with any Ultra or any other brand then dont dog them...

lol sorry for the rant... like i said Antec, TT, Ultra are all good brands... I Know ive ownd them all at one time or another

OCZs are nice. I'm on a GameXtreme 700W. That's overkill, but if you stepped down to the 600W, you'd pay a little less, and you would have a very reliable PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom