Set CPU host Freq (MHZ) to 350
Set PCI Express Freq (MHZ) to 100
Set System Memory Multiplier to 2.00
Set Dram Timing to manual
Set cas time to 5
Dram Ras# to Cas# Delay to 5
Dram Ras# to precharge to 5
Precharge delay (tRas) to 12

The guide was using a E6400 and set Set CPU host Freq (MHZ) to 376. Well since its a small chip I thought I would try 300 first. Got my CPU to 2.7 looked fine so then I tried to put it to 376 and my BIOS reset...idk what happened so I went back in and checked it to 350 and it looks like it worked fine. I checked my health status in BIOS and my CPU running at 36-38C which is good I think.

Did I overclock this right? Can I improve this at all? I got my Vista CPU rating from a 5.3 to a 5.7 so thats cool =P my base score is still a 5.4 due to my HDD. my Super PI score went from a 21.904 to a 17.4 but what I dont get is ive seen people with my SAME ship get like 14-15 secs ><.

PS Im a newb this is my VERY first overclock so try to explain things like a newbie would understand =P

Edit: I went to run 3DMark06 and when it got to the CPU testing I got blue screened about memory. thought it was a fluke so I ran Prime95 and it did the same thing. I guess this is a sign of unstableness? i think im doing something wrong can someone help me please. right now I have my CPU set to 3.06 (9* 340)

I ran Prime95 for 6 hours and no problems @ 3.06 so thats good. I cant get it stable past that though...I saw some guy with the same chip clocked to 3.3 with a voltage of 1.45 I tried to put mine to 1.45 and change the gost freq to 375 and it still reset my BIOS idk what to do.

probably a heat issue buddy, as you say you're on stock cooling. If youre gettin a temp of 35 ish in bios,think of what it will be running windows n stuff... In bios not a lot's actually happening, your cpu is about as idle as its gonna get. Just for point of reference mine (same chip as yours) idles in windows at 31 tops, but i have pretty much the king of air cooling rigs, so y'know. Ive got it at 3.4 and its as stable as you could want. Just under 15s on super PI.

speed fan is known to be pretty inaccurate, download everest to make sure. But if that temps right, you're still on track for a further overclock in all likeliness

i downloaded Everest have Ventrilo up, AIM up, a few internet explorers and everest says

motherboard 30C
CPU 30C
CPU core 1 33C
CPU core 2 32C

edit: can anyone help me out?

Unplug anything USB until you get into windows... It's normal for the DS3 to reset itself when it can't POST.

well my Keyboard AND mouse is USB so I should just save and exit then unplug them? i dont understand why that would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom