Raid

Status
Not open for further replies.

leje0306

In Runtime
Is it possible to have a Raptor set up for my OS and program files and then two 250 wds set up in a raid 0, all using P5B-E on-board RAID controller?

I don't see why Not.. If there are specific Ports that RAID will work on, make sure you attach the raptor to the NOn RAID one. Then after the OS is setup you can attach the 2 Drives to the RAIDED ports. Setup RAID through CMOS and then format the array through disk managment.

Make sure you know exactly what your doing before you enable RAID in the CMOS, then procede to the RAID Setup. No sense in doing it twice.

That and, you wouldn't want to add the raptor to the array as it would erase the data on it. So make absolutly sure that the only two drives you add to the array are the identical western digitals.

So I have to set up raided vs non raided ports in BIOS before connecting HDD's to the mobo?

Well this is exactly what I would do.
Using your manual Find out if and what ports are RAID Only (IF there are specific ones) Then attach the raptor to the Non RAIDed one. Format the raptor and install the OS. Once its all setup and the OS is fine, turn off the computer, attach the other two drives to the RAID Ports,turn on computer, enter CMOS setup, find the option to enable RAID, enable it, save settings, then enter the RAID setup utility after POST by hitting a given key stated on screen. Then through that utility you can add those two drives to the array and select the RAID Type. Save settings. Once windows boots up, you can enter Disk managment through administrated tools in control panel. Select the Newly created Drive, format it, partition if you wish, then use as storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom