Best monitor for $350?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarplyrstevo

In Runtime
I am going to be getting a new monitor in a couple days and I was wondering if you guys can help me on what monitor I should get.

I was thinking about the Viewsonic VX2025 but I am not exactly sure if I want a widescreen monitor or just a regular one. Some reasons why I do not want to get a widescreen monitor is because for one, it looks really small in person. (From what I understand, a monitor is measured diagonally so the 20 inches is mainly for the widescreen and not from top to bottom.) I thought I would be getting this really huge displaying monitor, but it looks as small as my 15 inch HP monitor, just wider.

My budget is around $350. All I'm looking for is a nice displaying monitor for movies and possibly games in the future so probably anything 8ms or lower.

It will work, but the Sceptre I posted has a much better contrast Ratio.

If you want to go less than the budget you stated, then go for it..

Samsung 226BW 2ms 3000:1 contrast ratio.

It was on sale at circuit city for $350 last week but Im pretty sure it's back to $379. It is widescreen but it is supposed to be really good. I'm think you can buy a coupon on Ebay for 10% if you look.

A lot more information at hardforum.com under displays.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1144130

I choose widescreen simply because I do a lot and have a lot of applications open at once, it helps when you're working on a spreadsheet or VISIO, watching DVD. It's really just preferences, some people don't like it, some do. Just pick the one that has the best spec for the money over user's preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom